Retrieving .XLS file from the web and storing it locally

Hi,

I am attemting to retrieve .xls files from the web, but I am unable to do so from the File Reader, XLS Reader and the Palladian's HttpRetriever node. 

However, if I copy the file myself locally and use the XLS reader it works just file. With the HttpRetriever node, I get the response as statusCode=200,size=314368 but not the actual .xls file itself.

Is there a need to specify HTTP entity input in the HttpRetriever node configuration? 

Can you please suggest options if any to do this or do I need to write a node of my own to achieve the same? 

Thanks,

VS

Hello VS,

You will find the answer to your question in your other thread. Please refrain from posting the exact same post multiple times.

Thank you,
Ferry

Hi VS,

as Ferry said, please try to keep your posts to one thread, otherwise answers will be cluttered all around the forum and it's difficult to see, which questions was already answered :)

Besides Ferry's suggestions, one more hint about the HttpRetriever:

The result cell produced by the HttpRetriever contains basically the byte content of the downloaded content. You can use e.g. the "Binary Objects to Files" node from the KNIME File Handling Nodes to write that content to disc. To integrate this into your workflow, I would suggest writing the file to a temporary location, and then use the XLS reader to read from that file (possibly make use of flow variables to input the file path into the XLS reader).

Hope this helps.

Best,
Philipp

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.