RProp MLP Learner Help: Only Double Columns for Input

Good day

I am new to Knime

I am trying to use RProp MLP Learner.

It gives an error: Only Double Columns for Input

what does this mean?

thanks

Hi Taariq,

The RProp Learner only expects numeric or as we call it Double columns and needs in addition one non-numeric (String) column as target. The error in this case means that your input does not contain any numeric columns or the columns do not have the right type. If your dataset contains numbers but have the wrong column type, you can for example you the String To Number node to convert those fields into valid numbers that can be understood by the learner.

Regards, Thomas

Hi, I had the same error in File Reader node. I applied the String to Number node but it gets the warnings:

WARN      String To Number     No columns selected
WARN      StringToNumberNodeModel     Values in 31082 cells could not be parsed, first error: '0,0000' (RowKey: Row0, Position: 0)
WARN      String To Number     Problems occurred, see Console messages.

I don't understand why is says no cilumns selected, neither I understand the other warnings.

Any help?

Thank you,

Marta

Hi Marta,

I think, this is just a problem of the decimal separator that needs to be adjusted within the String to Number node. From your example ('0,0000'), it looks if you need to set a comma?

Regards, Thomas

Thank you Thomas, warnings are gone :)

Marta

Just a quick question: If I have to use the nodes String to Number and Normalizer, which should come first?

Thank you,

Marta

Hi Marta,

First the String to Number then the Normalizer node that works only on numbers.

Regards, Thomas

Perfect, thanks.

Cheers,

Marta

Hey Im having the same problem. What can about this warn ?

WARN      StringToNumberNodeModel            Values in 2135 cells could not be parsed, first error: 'Masculino' (RowKey: Row0, Position: 0)
WARN      String To Number                   Problems occurred, see Console messages.

HELP. :)