Rule base engine - Dates

I would like to ask what is the best approach to restrict the flow executing if the dates match with the start and end date of the previous week. This flow is on schedule to execute once per week (e.g Monday) . If by accident the flow executes again it should not proceed as it will duplicate data. Thank you in advance for the help.

What if you replace the data in that case (trunc the table,…)?
Otherwise you could have a look at the switch nodes (if, case) and check for a condition. Or read the data from table first and check whether it’s empty (empty table switch node, …)
Or rule based. Excecution time is less then x then do not execute (e.g. with switch node)
Just a few ideas
br

Hi Daniel, thank you for your response. Would that be something like this?

I assume this would create an empty table for you

Hi guys and ladies,

If you use the database, why don´t you check the result and just pass the positive condition?

With it, you filter the result and continue the flow.

Just keep in mind that you need to set before da start date until now to validate if the result exists or not and then read the data to continue the flow.

I hope help you,

Denis

Hi Denis, I will try this one and get back to you :slight_smile:

OK, no problem, try to make all decisions and filters inside the database for better performance before you bring it to the flow manipulation, just pass the result and go on!

Tks,

Denis

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.