Rule Engine error

Hello,
I executed the following syntax which produced the error message
Invalid settings:
line 5, col 0: No matching char found: ‘$’.

I have checked the field names and there are no errors. I guess it is because the column names are too long, or an error occurs when special characters are detected, but I don’t know how to solve it.

Hey there,

two observations:

1. the column in row 5 does not seem to exist
  2. row 5 does not contain a full rule

Did you accidentally add a line break after row 5) and row 7)? E.g. should row 5 & 6 be one row / represent one rule?

1 Like

Yes, Row5 and Row6 have the same rule. I just click on the variable on the left and it will automatically wrap.
I used it on the same line, but still got the error message as follows:

Hello @lca50666
Be aware that your column formats are String and you are trying to use numeric operators, as ‘>’ and ‘<’, in your syntax expression.

You may try to convert your columns to numeric format before.

BR

5 Likes

Hi @lca50666 , I read and reread your posts and almost gave up, as there is no obvious syntax error just from looking at the screen shot…

but the clue was in your comment:

I believe the problem is that you have a carriage return in your column name!

2 Likes

@lca50666, if you cannot easily fix your column names at source, you can do something like this:

where the Table Creator represents your current table.

Column Name Extractor and Table Transposer require no configuration here.
String Replacer should be configured as follows:

Column Renamer (Dictionary) should be configured as follows:

That will remove the carriage returns from the column names, and you should then be able to make the Rule Engine work.

5 Likes

@takbb Thank you for your answer! It helped me. My solution is to use column rename, cancel the newline symbol in the column name, and it can run.

1 Like

Thank you very much for helping me look at the problem carefully. Yes, the problem really lies there!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.