I'm having some queries in running KNIME Workflow in Batch Mode.
1. How to execute the workflow in Linux using command line? Seen in forum as to use the Batch Mode but still i didn't got any final solution in that. Please guide me for the same.
Seen in FAQ as
knime -nosplash -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION
but im using KNIME ANALYTICALS PLATFORM in linux, for that how to execute the same?
2. In my workflow, i'm having CSV file as input, if i'm running the workflow from command line in Linux, then how to give the input file ? means how to set the input and output variables??
Kindly provide me the solution for the same.
Thanks in advance.
1. You can execute the command line as stated in a terminal window. You will need to first navigate to the directory containing the KNIME Analytics Platform executable:
./knime -nosplash -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION
2. Running the above command should give the command line parameters that you will need.
Thank You Jonfuller,
I have tried and executed successfully the workflow in batch process.
Now we are exploring the next level in batch processing.
1. We are using raw file/text file as input for the workflow with some nodes having String manipulation and Regex and getting the output in .xls file .Now, can you please guide us to set variables for above said things?
i.e, i) Need to know how to declare the input file location path at Batch run process time or whether its possible to do with File Reader node? when i tried to save without any specified path in File Reader node and it throws an error like Java null pointer exception.
ii) Is it possible to declare String Manipulation content at run time in batch process of work flow?
iii) Is it possible to declare Regex at run time in batch process of work flow?
iv) Is it possible to declare output file name in batch process?
Please guide me to meet the solution for above said queries.
Thanks in advance.
Could you please share the valid sample for linux?
I could not run…
/home/milad/knime-workspace/Rocon-new/workflow.knime -reset -nosplash -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION
Is it OK?
Can you please provide me a way to run a workflow in KNIME analytics from Windows command line?
@knime Do I need to have a java installation in my desktop to run workflows through command line?
Hi having this error… can anyone help me out? java is already installed
Hi @rupakroy , an exit code 13 means that you are using the wrong java version.
Which Java version are you using?
Linux VM :
openjdk version “1.8.0_302”
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_302-b08)
OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.302-b08, mixed mode)
openjdk runtime environment(build 11.0.13+8- ubuntu…)
Windows : from cmd
java 17.0.1 2021-10-19 LTS
Java™ SE Runtime Environment (build 17.0.1+12-LTS-39)
Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.0.1+12-LTS-39, mixed mode, sharing)
from control panel/programs →
Java version 8 update 311 (build 1.8.0_311-b11)
May i know which Java version are you using? what is the version showing through ur terminal?
Yes it does @Thyme .
But seeing @rupakroy running on Linux, and the comment about “java is already installed”, it sounded like Knime was installed “manually” and not via an installer. One of the big change from Knime 4.4 was the Java version.
the official documentation says
Linux: Extract the downloaded tarball to a location of your choice. Run the
knime executable to start KNIME Analytics Platform.
So, i download the current Knime which shows 4.5.1 what should i do now? @bruno29a your Knime version is 4.4 or 4.5?
Hi @rupakroy , I’m on Knime 4.5.1, but I’m on Windows where I installed Knime from an installer
This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.