run knime workflow on command line (windows)

I’m currently facing an issue while trying to execute a KNIME workflow from the command line, and I’m seeking assistance to resolve it.

Here are the details of my situation:

1. I have created a workflow in KNIME that involves reading data from Oracle and inserting it into a table in MySQL.
  2. To run the workflow, I’m using the following command:

“C:\Program Files\KNIME\knime.exe” -consoleLog -noexit -nosplash -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION -workflowFile=“C:\FR_WORKFLOWS\Procedures.knwf”

3-When I execute this command, KNIME opens a window without providing any error messages. However, the workflow does not run as expected.

I have ensured that there are no errors within the workflow when running it interactively in the KNIME Analytics Platform. Additionally, I have verified that all file paths are specified using absolute paths, and I’ve checked the console logs for any useful information.

If anyone has encountered a similar issue or has insights into troubleshooting KNIME workflow execution via the command line, I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

Thank you in advance for your help!

You need to use workflowDir pointing to the directory, workflowFile is when you want to run a zipped workflow. See this faq, https://www.knime.com/faq?pk_vid=6b9d0945eaa2ee4a170362793567f136#q12

1 Like

I tried this and it gave me this error and the data was not loaded .

“C:\Program Files\KNIME\knime.exe” -consoleLog -noexit -nosplash -application org.knime.product.KNIME_BATCH_APPLICATION -workflowDir=“C:\FR_WORKFLOWS\Procedures.knwf”

You need to point to the directory not to the knwf file

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.