Running Jupyter Notebook using Python - Missing Dependencies

Greetings everyone,

I’m trying to run a Jupyter Notebook using Python script node, but usually i face a common problems related to “missing dependencies”. For this time, it’s assuming IPython & nbformat are not installed:

while in fact they are installed in the same environment:

I’ve checked KNIME Python Integration Installation Guide and followed the steps, but it’s still present and having an unstable behavior.
I would truly appreciate your advise to fix this problem, and any tips to avoid such problems “missing dependencies” in future.

Thanks a lot!

@JayR welcome back to the KNIME forum. It says missing dependencies. Which means that the package is there but a dependency could be missing. And you should make sure that your environment is actually used in the python script node.

Hi JayR,

nice that you try that out! It is, however, completely unclear which version of KNIME Analytics Platform you are using. The link you sent is for version 3.7, is that the one you are using? Otherwise, I suggest updating, the current link is KNIME Python Integration Guide
Either way, please have a look at that link on how to set up the Conda Environment Propagation node, and let us know whether there was an issue with the configuration or not. You can confirm that you have the correct version of some package, e.g. nbformat by writing in the Python Script node:

import nbformat
print(nbformat.__version__)

Best regards
Steffen

2 Likes