Salesforce Authentication Issue OAuth2 "Authentication failed. Unexpected character ('<' (code 60))"

Hi there,
I’m using the Salesforce Authentication node to establish connection. After going to OAuth2 authentication via browser I’m successfully logged in however I’m not able to connect to Salesforce; rather I get the below error:
“Authentication failed. Unexpected character (’<’ (code 60)): expected a valid value (JSON String, Number, Array, Object or token ‘null’, ‘true’ or ‘false’) at [Source: (String)”

  • From what I understand it seems it’s expecting a JSON string but it isn’t getting it.

Has anyone seen this issue before; do you know what the remedy is by any chance?

Hi @Sajith , based on your screenshot, it looks like it’s getting an html data, but expected JSON, so when parsing “<!DOCTYPE…”, it’s complaining that it’s not JSON.

Can you show us what you are doing?

Hi Bruno, I have to login via single sign on for authentication and I’m suspecting there is an issue with the response from the SSO tool. So just troubleshooting it with our IT team at the moment. Thanks

Apologies, for responding late on this (Easter break, etc.). Still not sure what’s the cause of the issue, the sso and salesforce admins mention no issue on their end. I seem to have a workaround at the moment whereby I have two environments;

  1. If I’m working in environment 1 & I get the error
  2. I close env 1 and open env 2
  3. Carry out authentication from env 2
  4. Once a successful response is received (in almost all instances it is) I close env 2
  5. And I open env1 and reauthenticate successfully

Afterwhich I’m able to work on the associated workflows

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.