scatter plot in report

Hi, I have a report created with Knime version 2.3.0. I have there some linear scatter plots. After the upgrade to 2.3.1 I tried to add a new scatter plot to the report. I obtained constantly a plot with wrong data on the y-axis. I checked and the same error is reported for scatter, line and bubble plot. I re-installed completely Knime yesterday, but with the new installation I have obtained the same result. So in the same report the old graphs are correct, and the new ones are wrong. Anyone experienced the same problem?

Thank you, for your help

Davide

Hi Davide,

I tried to reproduce your problem but the charts created with 2.3.0 and 2.3.1 look exactly the same for me. Can you provide me your report or a screenshot of your plots? I'll send you a private message with my email address.

Dominik

Hi Davide,

it was very nice meeting you in person at the KNIME User Group Meeting. It's great to hear that the proposed solution worked for you. I'd just like to share it here with anybody else who might run into the same issue:

The solution lies in the "Select Data" tab of the new chart wizard. Behind the "Category (X) Series" field is a button "Edit group or sorting". In the dialog behind this button it is possible to specify grouping options. For numeric columns the grouping is enabled by default with aggregation type sum and an interval of 1. One has to make sure that the grouping is disabled to avoid this aggregation and plot all values.

Best regards,
Dominik

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.