scraping historical data from (wunderground) and save to csv files

How scraping historical data (1973-2020)

from Url: https://api.weather.com/v1/location/MMMX:9:MX/observations/historical.json?apiKey=6532d6454b8aa370768e63d6ba5a832e&units=e&startDate=20200101&endDate=20200121
and save to csv, but idont know

I think I have to use GET Request and JSON Path.
Help me please

Hi @jijasmx007 -

You’re on the right path. If you look at this screen shot of the JSON Path node configuration, you’ll see that I have three different collection queries. As an example, I set up the first query, “obs_name”, by clicking on the grey area, then clicking the Add collection query button. Then I did the same for the time stamp and temperature fields.

After the JSON Path node, I used an Ungroup node to separate the collections. I ended up with 615 observations using your link:

(By the way, if this works for you, you may want to go back and edit out your URL, since it has an API key embedded in it.)

3 Likes

Thanks ScottF
One last question. How can I download historical data with a loop?

I guess if you have a bunch of URLs you want to parse, you could input them as a table to the Table Row to Variable Loop Start node, and pass the URL to the GET Request node as a flow variable. Then collect all the results in a Loop End node.

But it would depend on how the Weather API stores historical data, I suppose.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.