Selection Widget does not show variable selected values in Interactive View

Default_Selection.knwf (11.3 KB)

Hi everyone,

we are having the issue, that the MultipleSelectionWidget does output the right values from the flow variable on its outport, but unfortunaltey does not show these new preselections in the InteractiveView. We want that the user can see former selections and change its mind. Is there a way to make sure the preselections from the variable are also shown in the InteractiveView? I attached a small example workflow.

Thanks a lot!
Lars

Hello @laval,

seems like bug when default selection is controlled via flow variable. Ticket created. (AP-16129)

Tnx for workflow example!

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hello @laval,

in your approach you used concatenated string from single column and converted that to a list. This way you only have one list item (“Beef cattle,Dairy cattle,Calf”) instead of three. Right approach would be to have each item in separate column. This way once you create a list from it you’ll have three list items (a bit unfortunate is representation which is same in both cases; in Spec - Columns tab you can notice difference) and Multiple Selection Widget will work as expected. Check workflow attached.

Default_Selection_corrected.knwf (33.3 KB)

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Hi Ivan,

thanks a lot for your kind explanation. It makes sense and I understand now what I did wrong :slight_smile:

Best,
Lars

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.