Send Email via Gmail

Hello everyone,

I am trying to send email via my gmail account. But I am getting an error which is placed below. If you know the what is the problem about this issue, please share with us.
(I have checke several times my username & pass. :slight_smile: )

The error message :
ERROR Send Email 0:25 Execute failed: Error while communicating with the smtp server: javax.mail.MessagingException: Can’t send command to SMTP host;
** nested exception is:**
** javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target**

Thanks in advance.
Volkan.

2 Likes

Hi @volkancamas,

this error looks like the ssl connection to google is being intercepted by a proxy, you will need to add the ssl certificate of that proxy to your AP.

best,
Gabriel

3 Likes

@volkancamas also make sure that the access of less secure apps is enabled. I think you have to do that in your account settings :thinking:
At least that was the problem for another Knimer a few months ago.
->But you will have to do @gab1one step anyways

1 Like

Dear @gab1one , @AnotherFraudUser ,

I’ve added the certificate with the instructions. ( https://www.javasavvy.com/import-ssl-certificate-into-java-keystore/ )

But I’m getting the same error. ( And I’ve tried yahoo, gmail or outlook)
Could you offer new steps ?

Hi @volkancamas
You need to make sure you are adding the certificates to the JVM used by KNIME AP. This one is included in your AP’s installation directory, in a folder that is named like the following:
plugins/org.knime.binary.jre.win32.x86_64_1.8.0.252-b09/jre/ (the exact name depends on your AP version).

best,
Gabriel

1 Like

Hi @gab1one,

I’ve tried with your detailed instructions. Unfortunately, I’m getting the same error.
So, I don’t know that it is a meaningful way. Is Knime AP consist the certificate at default.

Best,
Volkan.

1 Like

Hi @volkancamas
are you sure you are using the correct certificates? There also might be several required. If you take a look at the logs, you might also see a more detailed error that could tell you more.

best,
Gabriel

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.