send email with outlook

Dear Knimers,

I have list of excel files in a folder with email id as the file name. I would like to send mail to each id with the respective file attached and some standard email body either plain text or html.

I have been through many of the topics in the forum and build the below workflow

test.knwf (1.1 MB)

Below are the error messages based on the connection security.

SSL:
Error while communicating with the smtp server: javax.mail.MessagingException: Exception reading response;
nested exception is:
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: Unrecognized SSL message, plaintext connection?

None:
Error while communicating with the smtp server: javax.mail.MessagingException: [EOF]

STARTTLS:
Error while communicating with the smtp server: javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException

What connection security should i be using for the requirement and if the authentication fails, does it mean that IT team has blocked/firewall.

In case if i have to request them, what exactly should i be asking them to do (enable what?)

Could someone assist on this.

Regards,
Pavan

Hi @pawanmtm,

For SMTP you should use STARTTLS. But it seems that your authentication (username & password combination) is not correct.

If you are sure about the username & password combination then take a look at this topic:
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/office-365-smtp-authentication-failing-even-with/4e2dcfc4-2626-4c3b-a945-9ff1b3404539

:blush:

6 Likes

Hi @armingrudd,

You are right, i made a silly mistake. :disappointed:. Instead of providing email id, i have provided user id.

I have corrected and it worked now.

Thanks for your helping hand Armin.

Regards,
Pavan

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.