Send To Tableau (Hyper) 3.7.2 issue - Fails loading value from Flow variables

Hi,

We recently upgraded to 3.7.2 and we are facing issue using the Send To Tableau (Hyper) node when values are passed using the flow variables. These settings used to run fine in 3.7.1

Here’s our setting

Here’s the error we get on execute -

ERROR Send to Tableau Server (Hyper) 2:1260     Execute failed: Bad Request: Invalid page number '2' (Error code: 400006).
DEBUG Send to Tableau Server (Hyper) 2:1260     Execute failed: Bad Request: Invalid page number '2' (Error code: 400006).
org.knime.ext.tableau.hyper.sendtable.api.RestApiConnection$TsResponseException: Bad Request: Invalid page number '2' (Error code: 400006).
	at org.knime.ext.tableau.hyper.sendtable.api.RestApiConnection.checkResponse(RestApiConnection.java:463)
	at org.knime.ext.tableau.hyper.sendtable.api.RestApiConnection.get(RestApiConnection.java:454)
	at org.knime.ext.tableau.hyper.sendtable.api.RestApiConnection.existsDatasource(RestApiConnection.java:257)
	at org.knime.ext.tableau.hyper.sendtable.SendToTableauHyperNodeModel.execute(SendToTableauHyperNodeModel.java:159)
	at org.knime.core.node.NodeModel.execute(NodeModel.java:733)
	at org.knime.core.node.NodeModel.executeModel(NodeModel.java:567)
	at org.knime.core.node.Node.invokeFullyNodeModelExecute(Node.java:1186)
	at org.knime.core.node.Node.execute(Node.java:973)
	at org.knime.core.node.workflow.NativeNodeContainer.performExecuteNode(NativeNodeContainer.java:559)
	at org.knime.core.node.exec.LocalNodeExecutionJob.mainExecute(LocalNodeExecutionJob.java:95)
	at org.knime.core.node.workflow.NodeExecutionJob.internalRun(NodeExecutionJob.java:179)
	at org.knime.core.node.workflow.NodeExecutionJob.run(NodeExecutionJob.java:110)
	at org.knime.core.util.ThreadUtils$RunnableWithContextImpl.runWithContext(ThreadUtils.java:328)
	at org.knime.core.util.ThreadUtils$RunnableWithContext.run(ThreadUtils.java:204)
	at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
	at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
	at org.knime.core.util.ThreadPool$MyFuture.run(ThreadPool.java:123)
	at org.knime.core.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:246)

@ScottF - Any thoughts on this?

Thanks.

Hi @jaisonbabu -

Sorry for the trouble, and thanks for the error log. I haven’t seen this issue before - let me run this by our developers and see what they say.

1 Like

Update: thanks very much for reporting this. Our devs have identified the cause and are working on a fix now.

2 Likes

@ScottF : Thanks for the update. Let us know if we have a fix date.

1 Like

Hi @ScottF,

Any update on this fix? I still see this issue in Knime 4.0.2

Hi @jaisonbabu -

Our ticketing system indicates this fix was pushed in KNIME 4.0. Are you still seeing the Invalid page number ‘2’ error, or is the log indicating something different?

Hi @ScottF,

The ‘Invalid Page’ is fixed. Thanks for that but we cannot use a flow variable for password.

Our password expires every month and it would be great to if we can update the password via flow variable. Our workflows are designed in such a way that it reads the credentials from a file based on user and passes on as flow variable to these nodes. We replace the file for any credential change. This helps us to avoid touching the node config. It would be great if we can get the flow variable working for Password field as well. Thanks

Hi @jaisonbabu -

I’m able to do this in KNIME AP 4.1:

2020-01-02%2015_29_21-KNIME%20Analytics%20Platform

Are you using an older version?

Hi @ScottF,

Yeah, we are still on 4.0.2. Thanks for testing it out for us. Will be updating to 4.1 soon.

1 Like

Hi Scott,

Username and Password through flow variable still does not work for us in 4.1. Could you please share a screenshot of the Tableau server setting tab ? It throws an error while selecting the project.

Hi @jaisonbabu -

Ah, I see the problem now. To be able to select the appropriate project, the node configuration requires that valid entries are present for both the username and the password (and it won’t take the flow variables into account for this part), which is what I did above.

But after doing some more testing just now, I realize that the node doesn’t appear to be using the values for the flow variables at all - it only uses what’s been manually entered in the node configuration.

Sorry for the the trouble. Let me run this by the developers.

1 Like

Curious if this has been resolved yet? Have a similar workflow where I would like to pass the UserID and Password to the “Send to Tableau Server” node using flow variables.

Also curious about the encryption method used for the password-enc flow variable in the Tableau node. I can’t find documentation on it and not sure what method I should use to encrypt or hash the password.

Thanks,
Sean

1 Like

Hi @bennsarrow -

There is a ticket for this in the system (AP-14093) and the dev team has recently been working on revamping the Tableau nodes for the next KNIME release. So - this fix is not in place yet, but hopefully soon. Sorry for the trouble.

2 Likes

@bennsarrow,

while looking into this issue it turned out to be more complicated than expected, hence we will not be able to ship the fix with 4.2., though we added a better error message.

Please excuse the inconveniences we’re causing you :frowning:

Mark

2 Likes

Hi Mark

Are there anything new to this case?
i still cant seem to get it to work

Dennis

@Dnsn,

what KNIME version are you running?

Best
Mark

im runnning version 4.3.2