Server error: Error while building repository tree

Hello,

We get A LOT of these errors in log server file:

07-Jun-2019 08:54:08.687 SEVERE [http-nio-8080-exec-3] com.knime.enterprise.server.application.repository.RepositoryTreeTranslator.addItemsRecursively Error while building repository tree for user ‘XXXXX’ at ‘/Metanodos/Traduccion nombres abreviados/2018-10-19T14-42-58.347+0200’ : Owner must not be null… Some items may be missing in the tree.
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Owner must not be null.

Workflows including metanodes work perfectly, but errors never are great…

0 Likes

Hi @jricgar,

A little background would be helpful here. Did those errors just show up now? Did you change anything in your installation (migration to a new machine, moving repository to other location etc)?

Cheers,
Roland

0 Likes

We have updated our server two weeks ago. I cannot confirm you if these errors also were there with old server version because this is the first time I have had access to the logs.

0 Likes

Thanks for confirming. During the update, did you also move the server repository where the workflows are stored? Is this a Windows or a Linux server?

0 Likes

Hello Roland,

I think server machine is running over Linux. I have transferred your questions to my IT colleges, but still waiting sorry.

Regards,

Raúl.

0 Likes

Hello
The server is Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.5

regards
diego

0 Likes

Hi @dcsyt,

Can you please confirm whether you have moved the server repository during the upgrade?

Cheers,
Roland

0 Likes

Hello
Yes, during the upgrade we made a backup of the directory of the workflow repository, and after the upgrade we copy back the files aganin from the backup directory.
thanks
regads
diego

0 Likes

Can you please check the permissions of the offending metanodes? Just right-click in the repository -> permissions and see who is set as owner. If this is actually missing, something might have gone wrong when migrating the repository.

If there are not too many templates affected, you can add the owner manually (in the same menu). If there is a lot to fix, we can provide you with a workaround.

Cheers,
Roland

0 Likes