Server jobs error after update to 4.3 and 4.12

Hi Knime team,

I updated Knime to 4.3 and server to 4.12. I am now unable to execute jobs on the server and shared metanode/components no longer update. Error message attached

Hi @ajc,
I would like to have a closer look at this problem. Could you send me the log files? The easiest way to do this safely would be if you could open a support ticket with us by writing to support@knime.com. Please mention my name and attach the log files from the time where the error occurred. I will then have a look and let you know what I find.
Kind regards,
Alexander

2 Likes

Hi @AlexanderFillbrunn,

Unfortunately i needed to fix this one quickly and ended up doing a fresh install of knime. I noticed the same issue on my personal laptop as well. In both cases, the fresh install fixed the issue.

Cheers

Hi there,

if others are seeing similar errors. We identified the problem with executor version 4.3. It only happens when updating and can be resolved by doing a fresh installation of the executor.

1 Like

Hi @Iris ,
For a Fresh start do you mean I have to uninstall the previous install of the neww executro or do I just install the new version?.

Hi @iperez

the executor folder is completely self contained. So what you need to do is download a fresh executor. Unzip it into a folder and start the executor from this folder.

1 Like

Hi @Iris. made a new fresh installed as suggested. Now from inside the server when I try to launch a workflow, it waits for a long time and gives a message of “Could cot create a job” error. Do I have to reinstall tomcat?

Hi @iperez,

can you compare the knime.ini of your previous executor installation with the new one? Please check for the following parameter and add it to the new installations knime.ini:
-Dcom.knime.enterprise.executor.msgq=<<some_value>>

2 Likes

@Marten_Pfannenschmidt Prolem solved. Thanks