Share a job

Hi Knimers,

I developped a workflow in order to process a huge amount of data and in order to generate some visualization outputs using KNIME javascript views and D3.

In order to not impact the business continuity, this workflow is scheduled and executed during the night.

I would like to share the output of this workflow to some specific consumers in order to give them the possibility to analyze the data within the web portal.

My issue is related to the fact, that I am the only one to be able to access to the job.

I know that I could generate another workflow only for the visualization that could be executed by the consumers and use the current workflow only for data processing. But I would to know if it is possible to give the possibility to share a job to specific consumers ?

Regards,
Joel

Hi Joel,

In general, jobs are only accessible by the user who started them, as well as by admin users. I.e., you won’t be able to share the jobs themselves with others.

So your plan to split this into two workflows should be the way to got!

Cheers,
Roland

Hi Roland,

Thanks for your reply.
Do you plan to implement this kind of feature in the next releases ?

Regards,
Joel

Hi Joel,

There are no plans for this, no. It is actually a deliberate decision to not have changeable permissions on jobs. So splitting your workflow in two is encouraged in this case :slight_smile:

Cheers,
Roland

Hi Roland

Thanks for your explantions.

Regards,
Joel

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.