Share components outside Server/Hub

Hi,
I would like to share a component without using a Knime Server or the Knime Hub. Is-it possible to export a component?

For example, you don’t have a Knime server, and you cannot use the Knime hub (for security reasons: confidentiality / blocking proxy). How can we share a component from an analytics Platform to another?

Thanks for your answer,
Lionel

hi @lcollia,
not sure what you mean by “component”.
However you can share a (or several) Workflows by right-click on the Workflow name within the KNIME Explorer and then click on “Export KNIME Workflow…”.

Then a knwf-file will be saved (on your local drive), which can be sent/shared to/with others. The recipient will have to import the workflow the same way like export works.

Hope this helps, Greetz, Tommy

2 Likes

Hi @tommy,

Thanks for your answer.

I am talking about “Component” that is the new name of the meta-node in Knime 4 : https://www.knime.com/blog/knime-analytics-platform-40-components-are-for-sharing

I can export workflows, but not component. Of course I can imagine to export a workflow containing only a component/meta node but it seems not the right way to share components.

cheers, Lionel

1 Like

It works for me, but not when using the context menu, there the “Export” item is greyed out. However, when I go to the “File” menu instead, the “Export KNIME Workflow” menu item is enabled. (I’d consider this a bug)

The export wizard creates a .knar file from the component.

Btw.: I heard that there’ll soon be another option to share components – stay tuned!

3 Likes

I @qqilihq,

Yes I was trying to do it through the context menu. Thanks for your solution!

I will stay tune :wink:

Lionel

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.