"Sheet area" mode in Excel reader

Hello there!

Help me, please. What I should to write in variable “sheet area” for the activating mode “Read only data in”?
@mlauber71 can you help with it? Please :innocent:

@greatvarona I would assume something like „A1:B4“ in excel syntax as a string flow variable…

@greatvarona @mlauber71

sheet_area is for the checkbox if you want to read the entire sheet or part of it. The correct syntax is ENTIRE or PARTIAL

The rows and columns are for the read_ variables

2 Likes

@ArjenEX thank you I was not aware of that :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

Where I can find the list of flow variable’s values in Knime?

I believe there is no such thing. I’d recommend using the trick as outlined here:

I used the same approach just now to find out it was ENTIRE or PARTIAL for the sheet area :wink:

3 Likes

Wow!

Thank you so much, again! :hugs:

And the last question about “variables” in Excel Reader.
Is it bug or not?
I specify the “PARTIAL” word in the box to the right of the drop-down list of variables and node ignore that.

But when I specify “PARTIAL” word via variable - it’s OK… Why it works like that?

Because the column on the right can only be used to create variables, not to set them. That always has to be done via the dropdown list.

If it was working like you imagined at first then why have the config in settings tab? It’s basically doing the same and it does not make a whole lot of sense to maintain two places in a node where such settings can be applied.

3 Likes

I got it! Thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.