Similarity search error: "Queue size must be as least as large as running instance count"

Hi All, I have seen a similar post form 2015 with no answers here: Struggling with the Similarity Search node - maybe misplaced?

The error persists however: I read in a csv, define a distance measure based on multiple columns, no problems with configuring the nodes, and then… “Execute failed: Queue size must be as least as large as running instance count: 100 vs. 144”

The same workflow did not produce this error on a different VM with a different amount of cores (I’m using AWS instances), but I am currently trying to reproduce that and try to find a configuration on which it works…

Any ideas?

Hi

sorry you couldn’t find an answer at the previous forum post.
Could you give as a short example workflow (ideally with data) where this happens?

Best
Alice

1 Like

Hi pogacsa

just checking, could you reproduce the error?

Best
Alice

Hi Alice, I could only produce the error on an AWS machine with 96 cores. As soon as I ran the same workflow with only 32 cores, all was fine. It is only produced by the similarity search node. Have you tried running this node on very large machines?

Hi pogacsa

we followed up on this, and indeed there was an issue once you’d use a machine with >64 cores. It should be fixed now. Thanks a lot for reaching out! :slight_smile:
Please let us know if the problem should continue to occur.

Best
Alice

2 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile: I will test asap.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.