smirks problem

dear ,

I have a strange behavior on trasformation smirks node , i try to trasform benzamide . I use this smirks

O=C(C1=[C:2][C:3]=[C:4][C:5]=C1[H])N[*;C,c:1]>>[*;C,c:1]NC1=NOc2c1[c:2][c:3][c:4][c:5]2

but in the resuts i find a breaks in to the NH2* and my results...

Is it my error in smirks line?

thanks

Hello,

Thank you for your question and sorry for delay.
The problem hides in [*;C,c:1] atom, that doesn't match to the hydrogen in benzamide.
In Indigo '*' means any atom but not hydrogen, it was made to avoid many unexpected results. You can read our discussion about it here: http://blueobelisk.shapado.com/questions/smarts-queries-and-implicit-explicit-hydrogens

If you want to describe any atom which includes hydrogen you should write [H,*].

To answer your question I should know what did you mean by [*;C,c:1]?

And another problem is that benzamide has aromatic ring, but in your SMIRKS atoms of the ring are set as aliphatic, so they can't be matched to the reactant atoms.

I think that your reaction should look like:

O=C(c1=[c:2][c:3]=[c:4][c:5]=c1[H])N[H,*:1]>>[H,*:1]NC1=NOc2c1[c:2][c:3][c:4][c:5]2

If you will have "Incorrect AAM" error on this transformation, take nightly Indigo builds. This bug was fixed.

Best regards, Andrey

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.