Solution to just knime it Challenge 2

hey KNIMErs :star_struck:

here is my solution:

regards
tommy

2 Likes

Hi heres my solution as a Component

I experienced, thanks to this challenge, that the “Create missing folders” option of the csv writer does not work in combination with a Connector node. It seems that the export has to be done in two steps. 1 make folder, 2 make csv. Is this right?

1 Like

My solution :

2 Likes

Whoah! So many solutions already!

Here goes mine straight from the KNIME Hub.

1 Like

So I tried to Node Golf this:

• Java Snippet to create the filename (also fix the date format)
  • Group Loop over the filenames
  • unfortunately, the Group Loop Start changes the data type of the filename to String, so I have to use String to Path (Variable) to fix this
  • Column Filter to get rid of the filename
  • CSV Writer to write the results, while automatically creating missing folders

Does anybody know how to add a tag on the Hub? I can’t figure it out.

2 Likes

short and crisp approach … how can we configure if want to store the data in local file system … There is no option which place my folder be … i am unaware where my file would be … workflow is run without error. i want to store the data in seperate file with subfolder named as year and month and sub file name accordingly.

1 Like

Here is my solution for Challenge 2:
#justknimeit-2

KNIME Hub > gonhaddock > Spaces > Just_KNIME_It > Just KNIME It _ Challenge 002

1 Like

Hi @Thyme
In the Description panel of the Work Flow:
View > Description
You will be able to personalize the ‘Description’, ‘Tags’ and ‘Links’

Regards

4 Likes

:muscle: Here my solution:

Regards !

2 Likes

Set the fields data with a Cell Splitter

https://forum.knime.com/t/solution-to-just-knime-it-challenge-2/39335/31?u=santiagopc

3 Likes

Thank you @gonhaddock, I figured it out in the meanthyme. Didn’t occur to me to look in the WF itself. :sweat_smile:

Btw, your Column Filter doesn’t do anything. :wink:

2 Likes

Here my solution:

knime://My-KNIME-Hub/Users/cf_123/Public/CL2

3 Likes

i use this a lot and was really happy to see i could actually approach a #knimeit challenge :smiley:

3 Likes

Here’s mine. Finally a workflow I could solve :slight_smile:

Once again great learning experience

3 Likes

Hello everyone, since this is still very much very active, I’ve decided to give it a go too.

Here’s my solution:

2 Likes

Hello everybody,

Here’s our solution to the challenge, created by its author Emilio Silvestri.

If you like it, leave a little heart! :slight_smile:

#justknimeit

3 Likes

Hi @alinebessa , I’m not sure that the workflow is doing what the requirements ask.

“As an example, the data for January 2015 should be stored in a file named 2015/January.csv”. If I’m not mistaken, the Table Writer would create Knime table files, not csv.

Also, the data being saved, which is coming directly from the Group Loop Start would include the original columns + the columns generated by the String to Date&Time and the Extract Date&Time Fields nodes. From what I understand, the requirement was to just split the original data into different sub-files without any modification of the data or additional column.

3 Likes

This is my solution to challenge 2
I tried to keep it as simple as possible :smiley:

3 Likes

Good catch! It is now fixed.

Thanks!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.