Solutions to “Just KNIME It!” Challenge 07 - Season 2

Hi Crazy KNIMErs :crazy_face:.

No me quedé muy contento :face_with_diagonal_mouth:con mi solución, y la he mejorado un poquito este fin de semana. :smiling_face:

JustKnimeIt2-7(3)

Saludos!

5 Likes

Ps: source of Python Code: Drawing a Pass Map in Python - FC Python :ok_hand:

1 Like

Hello Community,

I saw many exciting solutions and someone very interested supported by the use of Python programming to draw a Soccer Field.

I developed my solution based on the flows published for other members.

I share the following carpet: JKISeason2-7 – KNIME Community Hub, this contains the same solution showed in different presentations.

All have the following information based on both teams, full stats from the data source and only the information relevant to the passes, grouped by each halftime.

4 Likes

Thanks @l6fader! I’m glad you found it useful! I was learning too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My solution to Challenge 7

2 Likes

Hi, KNIMEr, :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Here is mine

Points worth mentioning

• I chose a slider to control the time frame.
  • Well, in addition to the visualisation of Manchester City’s successful passes, I also showed the failed passes, as well as Manchester United’s passes. This is because I believe that the success or failure of one team’s pass is closely related to that of the other. Only the passes are shown here.

Another thoughts

• Matplotlib is a relatively slow solution.
  • 2D Density Plot is a great visual solution in this scenario.
  • The sunburst chart is also great.
  • Obviously there are many factors that influence the success of the pass. In addition to the pass, there are many other types of data, but it is a pity that there is not so much time to analyse them.

Best,
HaveF

5 Likes

I wrote a relatively detailed analysis post in Chinese. If you are interested, you can take a look(maybe use translator?).

2 Likes

Dear KNIMErs,

alright, here’s my solution. Looking at the submissions so far, it feels a little bit “lame” because I have now soccer field visualized etc :wink:

Learned again a lot about re-executing when making changes in this little dashboard and also used some Auto-Binner functionality to bin some “match times” and the Euclidean Distance (aka movements in the 2D space rather than just from A to B) :slight_smile:

Never thought I actually will like mathematics again hahaha :smiley:

Cheers

1 Like

Hi Everyone :slight_smile:

I just want to share an updated version of my workflow (in case anyone enjoyed the video!) because I had an issue generating a full video in AVI format and I have now received a solution from @gab1one on the forum:

The NativeQT format in -Image Writer- successfully generates the full video :slight_smile:

I have also added a little bit extra at the end of the workflow to compress the video and delete the original version in the data folder:

The original link to the hub workflow should work but I’ll share again:

Just for fun, I made a video with the passes of both teams in different colours, you can watch it here:

Best wishes
Heather

5 Likes

:nerd_face: As always on Tuesdays, here’s our solution to last week’s challenge! :nerd_face:

:soccer: Since this was an easy challenge, we kept the solution very simple and didactic, relying on a heat map that is quick to build with the 2D Density Plot (Plotly) node. As you can see, most of Manchester City’s successful passes are initiated from the center of the field.

:boom: Once again your incredible solutions AMAZE us! :exploding_head: This year it seems like you folks are really going the extra mile and really exploring how KNIME can be used. We are so happy! This really means a lot to us. :blush:

See you tomorrow for a new challenge!

6 Likes

@HeatherPikairos @gab1one
I found this solution to be very cool (as i mentioned above) and immediately tried adapting it to a real use case in my regular job. I generate the PNGs by converting from SVGs generated by the generic javascript node. What i find is that when i use the PNG to ImgPlus node, the image loses resolution and the colors really get messed up. Do either of you know how to overcome this?

4 Likes

Hi @l6fader thanks again for the comment about my workflow :slight_smile:
Unfortunately as I am a newbie in this area I cannot help to answer your query, but hopefully @gab1one can :slight_smile:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.