Solutions to "Just KNIME It!" Challenge 23

This is my submission for the Churn prediction challenge.

I added an ROC curve, as done by @MarioNasser before. I wrote my cross validated model to a file and used it on the test data to compare the non cross validated ROC vs the cross validated one. I got a marginally better result.
Notes:
The simple Regression Tree did not work and I don’t understand why.
I would have liked to see the scorer results from multiple scorers together but I don’t know how.

3 Likes

Hi everyone,
Here is my solution.
Accuracy:

• 93,3% with pruning
  • 91,2% without pruning
2 Likes

My best result is 94.003% challenge accepted!

KnimeIT_23

3 Likes

Hello KNIMErs, Here is my solution for Challenge 23

2 Likes

My submission for Challenge 23

2 Likes

hi

here’s my solution.
I did two versions of the challenge, 1) simple prediction model according to the challenge and 2) an advanced using AutoML-node to benchmark several models and choosing the one with highest accuracy. VERY COOL.

summary:
Decision tree: 93% accuracy
AutoML (Gradient Boosted Trees): 95%

/cheers

6 Likes

Hello,

here is my solution for this challenge:

Have a nice weekend,
RB

2 Likes

Hi, here is my solution.

1 Like

3 Likes

Here’s my solution and parameter settings and accuracy statistics.

REF Challenge 23.knwf (453.3 KB)

1 Like

Here my solution: jKi-23 – KNIME Hub

1 Like

knime://My-KNIME-Hub/Users/jefleisc/Public/jefleisc-knime_challenge-23

1 Like

Hello dear KNIME users !

Since this topic is about classification with a strong hint about the use of tree methods, I decided to compare three tree-based approaches (I didn’t use XGBoost since some users already tested it):

• Decision Tree,
  • Gradient Boosted Tree
  • Random Forest .

I tried to put the emphasis on model understanding/explainability, that’s why I added a decision tree view for the Decision Tree and the component “Global Feature Importance” for the Random Forest. I haven’t seen any view for Gradient Boosted Tree, so I’m open for any suggestions :slight_smile:

The goal for the team might be to have good churn prediction performance, but also an understanding or insights about the model. For example in the random forest, “State” is the first important feature. That may lead the team to better know their customers and learn how to adapt their strategy in different states…

Here is my workflow : KNIME_Challenge-23 – KNIME Hub

2 Likes

Wow! Thanks for going the extra mile! Very cool.

1 Like

Hi guys !
This is my take on this. I choose another model in order to show a quick versus between them. Hope you find this useful.

Have a nice sunday !

2 Likes

Great build Martin :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

1 Like

I looove the dashboard comparing the solutions! Excellent idea!

1 Like

Hello hello! Did you know that you can change types from numbers to strings within the CSV Reader node? It’s in the tab “Transformation”, right by tab “Settings” (see image). You may find it useful in the future in case you want to use fewer nodes!

2 Likes

Hi folks,

As always on Tuesdays (but this time earlier than the usual!), here’s our solution to challenge 23. We kept it simple, really sticking to a decision tree model for didactic reasons. We’ll be discussing model selection and parameter optimization later on in this series – but if you already know or feel the itch to do that, go for it!! :heart_eyes:

We’re very happy with the variety of solutions here. See you tomorrow for another iteration of this challenge! Let’s keep discussing the best practices and principles related to data classification!

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.