Special chars

Hi,

I have problem with some special chars. Sometimes, the special char is correct like normal "accented character", but sometimes, the "accented character" is divided in 2 characters (normal character with accent, umlaute, ...)

I tried to manage this feature with a java snippet node, but it does not work. after this operation, I insert the text in the data base and the text is changed with "?"

Then I can't find de difference between redundancy, because the values are always different !

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

java.util.regex.Pattern a_trematChar_normal = java.util.regex.Pattern.compile("[ä]");

String value = a_trematChar_normal.matcher(value).replaceAll("ä");

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

or

java.util.regex.Pattern a_trematChar_normal = java.util.regex.Pattern.compile("[a"]");

String value = a_trematChar_normal.matcher(value).replaceAll("ä");

I copied the text in a notepad ++ file and I tried. I took a print screen to show you the problem.

Could you help me ?

You can see the printscreen at this url : http://ringtarget.com/accent.png

printscreen of the problem

I found the solution :
java.util.regex.Pattern unicodeChar = java.util.regex.Pattern.compile("[\\u0300-\\u0310]");

See you late :)

Nice, thanks for sharing!

-E