Speech to text via BING SR

Hey guys,

I try to use the KNIME Audio extension and with BING SR for speech to text functionality. Has anyone used this extension and may help me regarding the subscription key?

I use a free trial of Microsoft Azure and created a Cognitive Service Speech Service. Before, I can choose between different endpoints for the service (this endpoint I cannot change in the BING extension in KNIME).

So, I have two keys in MS Azure and a so called subcription ID - but this all not works in KNIME if I enter this in the field “subscription key”.

Error message I got via console is:

WARN Bing SR 0:6 Failed to parse Response from Bing: Unrecognized field “error” (class org.knime.audio.node.recognizer.bing.BingSR$BingErrorEntity), not marked as ignorable (2 known properties: “statusCode”, “message”])
at [Source: (String)“{“error”:{“code”:“401”,“message”: “Access denied due to invalid subscription key or wrong API endpoint. Make sure to provide a valid key for an active subscription and use a correct regional API endpoint for your resource.”}}”; line: 1, column: 226] (through reference chain: org.knime.audio.node.recognizer.bing.BingSR$BingErrorEntity[“error”])

Thx a lot in advance!
Dirk

Hi @dirkhd and welcome to the forum.

Sorry for the delay - I’ve been able to reproduce your issue, but I’m not yet sure what the cause is. I’ve asked our engineering team to take a closer look, and will update back when I know more.

Hi,
unfortunately Microsoft has changed the Speech API Endpoint but also its behavior. I was able to get access to the service by using another endpoint but then I received another exception: “Request Entity Too Large” on a very short audio message (23 seconds). We will need to look deeper into this and see what else has changed in the API and maybe even update to the new Speech Service. However this will require quite some effort and I don’t know how soon we will have time for it. Sorry about that.
Bye
Tobias

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.