Split one Excel file into several smaller excel files

Hi, I have a very simple workflow that splits one excel file into many files, based on data in one field. Several of the nodes are obsolete now and I can not get my workflow to work using the newer nodes. Here’s what my original workflow looked like, in its entirety. a very simple flow

I replaced the Legacy and deprecated nodes, I also tried adding the ‘String to Path (Variable)’ node that I read was needed, but I cannot get the workflow to do what I need. It creates the first file, but then does not give a new file name for the next loop so it errors out.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Hello, if I understand correctly, this is what you are looking for.

Attached is my knime file as well which uses a local desktop location as the output (but of course this may not work for you, so please alter as needed).
excel_big_to_small.knar.knwf (29.2 KB)

5 Likes

Thank you so much, Victor. This is exactly what I needed!

1 Like

Just to add to @victor_palacios perfect solution.
You can use the create file / folder variables node as a replacement for the older create file name (legacy) node
br

Daniel, that is what I initially tried - replacing all of the old nodes with newer versions but I couldn’t get my flow to work. Then I added the ‘string to path’ node and still no luck. Now that I have a functioning workflow for what I needed, I may go back and play around with it. Maybe I just didn’t have all the new nodes configured correctly. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.