Split the database in smaller databases according to an attribute

Hi,

I am sorry I am struggling with a workflow…I am looking for a loop node that split the row according to an attribute values and generate the single output for each of them. For instance, I have a large database containing a column with 15 different values, for each value I want to split the database in smaller database contain only 1 of the 15 values. On the top of data for each database, I want to filter all the row (using the rule-based row filter) for multiple parameter and they have to meet all of them to pass. Thanks a lot for you help!

Hi @AndyCapp,

Sounds like:

1. Cell Splittter node to split the values into a list of values
  2. Ungroup node to create individual rows

Is this what you want to achieve?

Cheers,
Sascha

2 Likes

Hi Sascha,

Thanks for your reply. I do not think it will work, here is an example of what I want to do:

I am looking for a loop that can generate several outputs according to my row filter.
Thanks for your help.

Hi @AndyCapp , just to clarify, you are looking into splitting a table into smaller tables, and not a database into smaller databases, is that correct?

You can use the Chunk Loop if you want to split in specific batches:

If the split is done by attributes, you would probably need to define these attributes in a table, and then loop through that table to apply the attributes where you can then use the Row Filter node in the loop and filter according to the attributes being read by the loop.

3 Likes

Make sure that any missing values in the 15 value column are treated as empty, or the chunk approach would likely jumble your databases.

I think that I would likely approach this by splitting the values from the cell, then renaming the columns appropriately for the database names, then pivot them, then use that Column / Database ID for my loop process.

Hi, Bruno,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried the chuck loop but am unsure how to split the table by attributes. I used the node " table row to the variable" but obtained the tables randomly divided. Could you share a workflow? Thanks a lot!.

Hi @AndyCapp , as I explained, the Chunk Loop is meant to split in specific batches, that is either how in how many batches, or how many rows per batch, so it cannot be used to split by attributes - unless your attributes simply coincidently match the batches.

Repeating that I said:
If the split is done by attributes, you would probably need to define these attributes in a table, and then loop through that table to apply the attributes where you can then use the Row Filter node in the loop and filter according to the attributes being read by the loop.

In this case, you would use the Table Row To Variable Loop

If you want a workflow, you should provide some sample data and some attributes so people can build the workflow using the given info.

2 Likes

Hi,

Eventually I could generate the workflow using Table Row To Variable Loop and String Manipulation/String to Path. Thank all of you for your help.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.