SQL server connector TLS version

Hi

I am using Knime Analytics Version 4.4.1. I try to connect to Azure Database using Ms SQL Server Connector and found an error as below attached.

I have checked, Azure sql database has been set with minimum TLS 1.0. Do you have any suggestions to fix this issue?

Hi @kengdeb

a similar question has been discussed in another thread yesterday: Unable to connect to SQL Azure DB using DB Connector - #2 by wkhan

2 Likes

Hello Marten

Thks for your reply.

I looked at your comment and find some difficulty to link what mentioned in Microsoft page (trustServerCertificate, String connectionUrl) to Knime configuration. Do you have any suggestion where can I get more information especially on how to configure this in Knime Analytics Platform?

I don’t think you need to adjust any of the database settings, but just use the latest, official MS jdbc driver. Here you can find additional information on how to add jdbc drivers in KNIME AP: KNIME Database Extension Guide

4 Likes

Thanks for your suggestion.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hello,
since this problem did come up more often lately, this is a problem with an outdated Microsoft SQL Server instance and KNIME using a newer Java version which by default does not support TLS 1.0 and 1.1 anymore due to security concerns. For details see: [JDK-8256490] Release Note: Disable TLS 1.0 and 1.1 - Java Bug System

However you can re-enable it, at your own risk, by re-enable the versions by removing “TLSv1” and/or “TLSv1.1” from the jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms security property in the java.security configuration file. You can find the file in the <KNIME_FOLDER>/plugins/org.knime.binary.jre.win32.x86_64_<VERSION>/jre/conf/security folder.

Bye
Tobias

4 Likes