SSH Connection: Permission denied

Hello,

i’m trying to connect to a server via SSH. I used the “SSH Connection” Node and filled all entries. When using “test connection” the pop up tells me: permission denied. But with a “List Remote Files” Node i can see all the folders on the server. After less than 1 second i get the message: Connection lost and the KNIME Console tells me: Executed fail: session is down.

Do you know this problem? Do you have any ideas?

Hi @Muckelinho,

Does this mean that despite the message, you are able to execute the SSH Connection node as well as the List Remote Files node? Are there any warnings during execution? Can you please try again, then go to View -> Open KNIME Log, scroll to the bottom, and post the content related to this issue?

Cheers,
Roland

Hello @RolandBurger

I have the same problem as @Muckelinho and don’t know how to solve it.
My KNIME Log llok like this…

2018-12-11 10:01:17,781 : WARN : SwingWorker-pool-6-thread-3 : TestConnectionDialog$TestWorker : SSH Connection : 2:1 : Couldn’t connect
2018-12-11 10:01:17,782 : DEBUG : SwingWorker-pool-6-thread-3 : TestConnectionDialog$TestWorker : SSH Connection : 2:1 : Couldn’t connect
3: Permission denied
at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.throwStatusError(ChannelSftp.java:2873)
at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.ls(ChannelSftp.java:1633)
at com.jcraft.jsch.ChannelSftp.ls(ChannelSftp.java:1553)
at org.knime.base.filehandling.remote.files.SFTPRemoteFile.getLsEntry(SFTPRemoteFile.java:667)
at org.knime.base.filehandling.remote.files.SFTPRemoteFile.internalExists(SFTPRemoteFile.java:277)
at org.knime.base.filehandling.remote.files.SFTPRemoteFile.exists(SFTPRemoteFile.java:265)
at org.knime.base.filehandling.remote.connectioninformation.node.TestConnectionDialog$TestWorker.doInBackgroundWithContext(TestConnectionDialog.java:238)
at org.knime.base.filehandling.remote.connectioninformation.node.TestConnectionDialog$TestWorker.doInBackgroundWithContext(TestConnectionDialog.java:1)
at org.knime.core.util.SwingWorkerWithContext.doInBackground(SwingWorkerWithContext.java:106)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker$1.call(SwingWorker.java:295)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
at javax.swing.SwingWorker.run(SwingWorker.java:334)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1149)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:624)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Any suggestion how to fix the problem?

Cheers,
Christopher