Start WebDriver Selenium Node is not working

Hello.

I have a workflow using selenium nodes. Until now all nodes were working as they supposed to. But I’m trying to run the workflow again and the Star WebDriver node gives an error and doesn’t open the browser and look for the webpage I wanted to open when the chrome driver starts running.

This is the error I got:

ERROR Start WebDriver 3:237 Execute failed: Timed out waiting for driver server to start.
Build info: version: ‘unknown’, revision: ‘unknown’, time: ‘unknown’
System info: host: ‘HMS’, ip: ‘159.237.74.219’, os.name: ‘Windows 10’, os.arch: ‘amd64’, os.version: ‘10.0’, java.version: ‘1.8.0_202’
Driver info: driver.version: ChromeDriver

The only different thing I did was to update selenium nodes and while doing so I got a warning message saying literally: “Installing some unsigned software for which the authenticity or validity cannot be established. Continue with the installation?” I clicked on install anyway. I’m not sure if this is what caused the problem with the node but maybe it is.

I’ll be waiting for your answers.
Thanks in advance!

Hi HeidelMS,

which version of the nodes are you using? Could you send your workflow for testing to mail@seleniumnodes.com? Does the log output give any further details? Which browser are you using?

The only different thing I did was to update selenium nodes and while doing so I got a warning message saying literally: “Installing some unsigned software for which the authenticity or validity cannot be established. Continue with the installation?” I clicked on install anyway. I’m not sure if this is what caused the problem with the node but maybe it is.

This is not a problem.

–Philipp

Hello.

I’m using version 4.2, and also the same version for Knime.
I have the same problem, not only with my workflow but with any workflow where Start WebDriver is used.
The log output just gives the error I mentioned before.

There should be more information when you increase the log verbosity. Go to Preferences --> KNIME GUI and the Console View Log Level to DEBUG.

Then re-execute the failing workflow. Please send us the workflow and the logfile to mail@seleniumnodes.com so that we can have a look!

I solved the problem already. I had my institutional proxy configured for my web drivers. I figured out thanks to your advice about increasing the log verbosity to get more info about the problem. After deleting the institutional proxy, the workflow works beautifully again.

Thank you very much!! :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Great to hear :+1:

– Philipp