Still "Can't initialize Chrome Driver" - Updates?

Hi there!

I have a KNIME Server Instance running KNIME 4.5 where I want to send an Image in the body of the Email and as an attachment.
Something similar would look like the Workflow I uploaded.
KNIME_initialize_chrome.knwf (25.0 KB)

In both Instances (sending the Image as the body of the Email and sending it as an attachment) I am getting the Error that Chrome can’t be initialized, but only when running it on the server side.

I found a similar Thread created 2 years ago (Could not initialize Chrome driver) but with no fix - so I wanted to ask if anyone knows any updates on this.

Thank you and have a nice day!

1 Like

Hi @KNIME_uzer,

Thank you for your message and welcome to KNIME Forum.

Unfortunately I could not reproduce your error yet. But I managed to run your sample workflow successfully, both local and on the server. I am not sure if the “send email” component is complete. There is only a python script which creates a flow variable with a random number. Maybe you can provide more information about your issue.

Best,
Linh

Hi Linh,

thank you for your reply.
Sorry - I wrote the workflow in a hurry. I attached another workflow - but dont see how my Email Configuration (i just passed my credentials and the the image as xml) would affect the Error.
KNIME_initialize_chrome.knwf (23.2 KB)

Do you think I have to change some Parameters on the server side?

Thank you again and have a nice day!

Hi @KNIME_uzer,

You are right, this must be something server related. Probably something is not configured correctly on the server side, or initialization is blocked for some non-KNIME reason. But since there is no obvious answer for that, it would be helpful to have a look in the KNIME executor log file.

Can please share you log file here?

Best,
Linh

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.