String to Path Node does not work with Transfer Files Node (Sometimes)

I have a long list of files that I need to download from a list of S3 buckets. When I use the S3 bucket path to the “Transfer Files” node with a “/” character the node works perfectly. The problem starts when I have a table with the bucket names in a string column and then convert the strings to paths to use as a variable for the source location “Transfer Files” node. The “String to Path” node changes all the “/” characters to “” which causes an “Execute failed: The specified folder pw-full-locations\ZA\2021\05\05 does not exist” error.

BucketPath

This case is probably an abuse of the node and the owner of the buckets shouldn’t use these characters in bucket names, but is there a work-around. I tried to use the strings as the source but it has to be a path.

Thanks

tC/.

Hi @TigerCole , I’m not sure why your String to Path is doing this. Mine keeps the slashes as they’re supposed to be:

Can you show what you are doing in the String to Path?

1 Like

Hi @bruno29a

Here is a screenshot of the node in the flow.

I am not sure what I can change?

tC/.

Hi @TigerCole , this is happening because you are using the “Local File System”, and I am assuming you are using Windows, and the format would be “pw-full-locations\ZA\2021\05\05” in this case.

If you use anything else than the Local File System, it will keep it as “pw-full-locations/ZA/2021/05/05”

2 Likes

Hi @bruno29a

I made the change and it does work, but only if I select the 'Mountpoint" option. Any of the other options add some additional text.

Thanks for the suggestion and solution.

tC/.

1 Like

No problem @TigerCole , I’m glad it’s resolved

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.