Suppress warning in RestAPI Response

Hi,
I want to suppress warnings from workflow (nodeMessages) in the RestAPI response. Is there any way to do it in the workflow or in the rest call?

Regards,
Nithin

Hi @nithinth7,

you are talking about Console WARN messages or log messages? Or both? Why is that? To my knowledge there is such possibility.

Br,
Ivan

Hi @ipazin,
Here is an example of the response:

The only relevant information for us is the inputParameters and outputValues. Rest is not needed especially nodeMessages. So I want to suppress the rest, at least nodeMessages.
How can I do that?
And another question: any way to change the keys of input and output parameter? In the example json-input-1 and json-output-97 respectively. Is it possible to make it user defined?

Hi @nithinth7,

this is KNIME Server related if not mistaken?

Br,
Ivan

Hi @ipazin
Yes, it is server related.

Hi @nithinth7,

then changing category to get proper attention :wink:

Br,
Ivan

Hi Nithin,

the suffixes represent the node ID and are used to ensure that parameter names are unique. However, we will release a new option soon that lets you freely choose parameter names. I’ll keep you posted.

Regarding less verbose responses from your REST request I’ve filed a feature request.

1 Like

Hi @nithinth7,

with version 4.2.1 it is possible to choose whether or not the node ID should be added as suffix to the parameter name. If disabled, you would need to make sure the parameter name is unique.

Less verbose responses from execution requests is still on our list.

Hi @nithinth7,

I’ve got some good news for you. With KNIME Server 4.13 we have added functionality that allows for less verbose REST responses. By adding an additional Prefer header to the request (Prefer: edge-compatible ) there will be no more metainformation in the REST response, but instead only contents from container output nodes will be part of the response.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.