Table Difference Checker node failing execution despite equal input tables

Hello There,

I am making a few test workflows to test a Normalization node that I created, I am using the Table Difference Checker node to compare two input tables. One of which is an “expected” table which links directly to the Difference Checker, the other is an “actual” table which passes to the Normalizer table, and then to the Difference Checker.

I have verified that the two input tables are exactly the same, by comparing them visually through an Interactive Table node.

I get the following error message, which is weird because in column 1 the values are equal in the input tables.

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError: Node 'Table Difference Checker 0:11' is not executed. Error message is: Execute failed: Wrong upper bound in column 'column1': expected '1.0', got '0.25'

Does anyone have any experience with this? Perhaps my testing method isn’t great but I was trying to do some simple tests.

Appreciate the help,
P

This has likely to do with the following (quoting from the Difference Checker documentation):

The special checkers are used for the cell contents as well as for the column domain (i.e. possible values and bounds).

The minimum/maximum values are obviously different in the reference and the produced table (edit to clarify: this has nothing to do with the actually visible values in the table content – but you can inspect it in the ‘Spec’ tab). To fix the test, you could make use of the Domain Calculator node. But you should probably double check, whether the domain information needs to be taken care of programmatically?

– Philipp

2 Likes

Hey Philipp,

That seems to have allowed the Table Difference Checker to execute and confirm that the values in the table are equivalent. I wasn’t aware that Tables stored values such as min/max etc.

Really appreciate your help :slight_smile:
P

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.