Table Reader Node and SharePoint 2013 Platform

Dear KNIMErs

Our organization has recently upgraded our SharePoint to the 2013 Platform.  I cannot say if this is the reason but my "Table Reader" cannot read files generated by the "Table Writer" node (worked fine before migration).  XLS files can be read from the SharePoint site and the table files can also be read from my desktop.  So I am guessing it is something to do with the SharePoint 2013 Platform.  The Table Reader node is red and I get the console error "WARN  Table Reader  No entry data.bin in file"

My KNIME version = KNIME 2.11.3

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks

Ste

Hi Stephen,

Don't know. How does the "URL" look like that you paste into the location field of the reader node?

Can you also paste the relevant part from the knime.log file here.

Thanks,

Bernd

Hi Bernd

When I use this path to write to the ShareRoom:

1) \\shareroom1.eu.***.com\DavWWWRoot\de\cdsbc\Shared Documents\Exports\***exports\

An excel file is written (no error in KNIME?), but the file contains no data (this only happens for files with 10,000+ rows).  Small tables can be written without any problems.

I get this error in excel "The file you are trying to open'****.xls', is in a different format than specified by the file extension.  Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted source before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?"

Using a https address to connect

2) https://shareroom1.eu.***.com/DavWWWRoot/de/cdsbc/Shared Documents/MDR_Exports/***exports/

KNIME error :

ERROR     XLS Writer    Execute failed: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Using a mounted drive:

3) W:\MDR_Exports\***exports\

The workflow works, but others users can only use my workflow if they have mapped to the same letter (e.g.W:).  

I want my workflows to work dynamically, so option 3 is the workaround at the moment.  Option 1 worked fine using the old SharePoint Platform but not with SharePoint 2013 Platform.

I doubt it is  KNIME problem, but would be glad if you could look into it.

Thanks

Ste