Table transfer

I have two PostgreSQL databases, I want to transfer a table from the source database to the target database, but I don’t know what to do for this. I’m very new to Knime.

@yusufINC welcome to the KNIME forum. You could check these examples with streaming:

2 Likes

Hey Hi, my goal is to have 2 different PostgreSQL databases, one is the source db and the other is the target db, now here I want to get the data from the source db using Knime and send it to the target db.
I didn’t understand how to do this with the resources you gave and it didn’t meet my needs.

@yusufINC I would suggest that you take a look at this sample workflow.

Otherwise you might describe in more details what you want to do.

1 Like

Sir, first of all, I appreciate your help.
I should not use the Streaming data node we gave above because if you explain my process . I have two databases, one is Source and the other is Target. My only purpose is to make an insert here, that’s it in short.

1 Like

So, actually, I will create the target db in PostgreSql and insert the data from the Source Db into it.

1 Like

@yusufINC if you do not want to use streaming you can download the data from one database to knime and then load it into the second DB with one of these nodes like in your screenshot. You might have to configure them.

If you are looking for more examples about SQL databases and knime I can offer this article.

2 Likes

greetings sir,
I used to use 1 different database, but now I reduced it to 1 and used another way to transfer the data, but I want to ask whether this method has the same logic as Insert into in PostgreSQL.
My point here is
Connect to PostgreSQL, then pull the table with Custom query, then transfer this table to another table with DB Connection Table Writer. This is the whole thing, but I don’t know if the operation I did and the insert operation are the same, can you explain this to me?

1 Like

@yusufINC if you already have the database in the same environment then you could use the DB Connection Table Writer to create or append your second database.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.