Tableau Execution Failed

Used following instructions here: KNIME Tableau Integration User Guide
As well as added these:

Yet I still get this following error :

ERROR Tableau Writer (Hyper) 0:114 Execute failed: Unable to initialize Tableau backend ‘Tableau Hyper’, please follow the installation instructions in the node description. Error: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.tableausoftware.hyperextract.ExtractAPI

For further refference I have the seetings at:

Hi @shubhamss -

The Linked Resources you have set up aren’t required and you can remove them.

Did you add the string in Step 2 of the Tableau prefs above to your Path environment variable, by following the blue Instructions link? You should see something like this in your Windows settings if you have applied it correctly:

ERROR Tableau Writer (Hyper) 0:122 Execute failed: Unable to initialize Tableau backend ‘Tableau Hyper’, please follow the installation instructions in the node description. Error: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library ‘TableauHyperExtract’: The specified module could not be found.

I am unable to use TDE writer cause of this Warning:

WARN Tableau Writer (TDE) 0:123 This nodes requires the ‘Tableau TDE’ backend, but the active backend is: ‘Tableau Hyper’ The Tableau backend can be configured in the Tableau preference page.

Followed the Blue Instructions:

`

You’re close, but not quite there.

First of all, I would stick with Hyper here instead of reverting to TDE.

Apart from that, it looks like you are adding new environment and system variables called “Knime”. You can get rid of those. What you want to do instead is edit the existing Path variable to be able to point to the Tableau files:

2 Likes

I also deleted the Linked Resources you mentioned before.

ERROR Tableau Writer (Hyper) 0:122 Execute failed: Unable to initialize Tableau backend ‘Tableau Hyper’, please follow the installation instructions in the node description. Error: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library ‘TableauHyperExtract’: The specified module could not be found.

You may need to reboot your system after applying the change to the Path variable. Did you try that?

1 Like

Thanks Scott for all your assistance, that was the last piece to the puzzle!

1 Like

@shubhamss,

if you’re on 4.1.3 I’d recommend you to install Tableau Hyper API. Those nodes don’t require this cumbersome setup and should be more stable than the old versions of these nodes.

Best
Mark

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.