Tableau Server Integration - Project ID error

Hey people, everything’s fine? Hope so.

I am having some problems using the “Send to Tableau Server (Hyper)” node, I always get the same error:

I basically can’t select the project I want to upload the datasource.

Any idea what I can do?

My flow:

Console log:

Thanks in advanced.

Hi @BryanDev000,

after looking into it I maybe have an idea what the issue could be.
How many projects do you have on the tableau server (including projects in projects etc.)?

Best,
Benjamin

Hi!

We currently have 5 projects, 25 subprojects and 137 dashboards and growing.

Hi @BryanDev000,

the issue I have in mind should only appear with more than 100 projects/subprojects (without dashboards). I will investigate if this is really an issue to fix it before someone has it.

Back to your issue:
Do you maybe have projects with “strange” permissions? E.g. the user has permissions for a subproject but not for the parent project.

Best
Benjamin

Hi!

Yes, some people have only access to a specific dash, for example.

Is possible to make it work like the TDE node? Where I (apparently) can input the project name myself?

Hi,

I think I can reproduce the issue and I have an idea about how to fix it. It seems like the node cannot build the tree of projects because it encounters a subproject but cannot find the according parent project. Thank you for the report!

The Hyper node has this dialog because there could be projects with the same name (subprojects of different parent projects). Therefore, it is not possible to identify the project just by its name.
You could set the project id via a flow-variable. But I don’t know if it is possible to get the project id of a project somehow else than with the REST API.

Best
Benjamin

Hi!

@bwilhelm, I saw that you made some modifications regarding the topic problem, how can I test it?

Thanks in advanced.

Hi @BryanDev000,

we still need to verify the fix internally. But it would be great if you are willing to test it!

You can install it using the nightly builds of KNIME: https://www.knime.com/nightly-build-downloads. Note, that you have to add the nightly update site http://update.knime.org/analytics-platform/nightly.

Best
Benjamin

1 Like

Hi @bwilhelm,

Is it possible to download the same method as zip?
(https://www.knime.com/downloads/update -> “You can download KNIME update sites as zip files here.”)

At the moment I’m behind a very restricted firewall. I tried to configure the proxy settings and unfortunately I can’t access the repositories (but I can make GET requests). Yes, I know problem for another topic.

Thanks.

Hi @BryanDev000,

I don’t know if there is a zip with the nightly update site somewhere.

But I created a build of the feature with the applied fix:
tableau-hyper-feature.zip (820.4 KB)

Best
Benjamin

Hi!

@bwilhelm, what would be the installation mode?

I tried extracting inside the KNIME Nightly folder, extracting inside the dropins folder, pointing as a repository for Update Sites, and none worked.

NOTE: Using KNIME nightly build.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @BryanDev000,

Pointing to it as an Update Site should work.

Note, that you need to deselect the “Group items by category” checkbox (because the site has no categories) and the “KNIME Tableau Integration - Hyper Format” feature should not be installed already.

Best
Benjamin

2 Likes

Hi!

@bwilhelm it worked!

After some rounds due to the proxy, I was able to install and use, everything worked as expected.

I used:

Extracted the nightly build, disabled other updates sites, enabled zip repo and installed all the plugins (except for the chemistry plugins, I did that because trying to install straight from your zip gave an error about a missing dependency, where https: / /nodepit.com/iu/woodstox-core-asl.source informed me that it would depend on other plugins I already use inside zip repo)

After that I disabled the repo zip and pointed to its zip, installed it and said it would replace the ones that were already installed.

I restarted KNIME and boom! It worked!

Many thanks to you and the team.

Flow:
Console:

3 Likes

Hi!

@bwilhelm one last question, how does it work for this patch to get upstream and be available as an update within KNIME?

I was able to successfully connect to the repositories through my company’s firewall.

Again, thanks for the awesome work.

Hi @BryanDev000,

the fix will be part of the 4.0.1 bugfix release which will come out soon.

Thank you for the testing!

Best
Benjamin

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.