Tableau Writer (Hyper)Execute failed: Error: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/TableauHyperExtract.framework/TableauHyperExtract, 9): image not found

While using Tableau Hyper Writer node, encountered following error -
ERROR Tableau Writer (Hyper) 0:15 Execute failed: Unable to initialize Tableau backend ‘Tableau Hyper’, please follow the installation instructions in the node description. Error: java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Unable to load library ‘/Library/Frameworks/TableauHyperExtract.framework/TableauHyperExtract’: dlopen(/Library/Frameworks/TableauHyperExtract.framework/TableauHyperExtract, 9): image not found

Are there any MAC specific instructions ?

This link talks about Windows - https://docs.knime.com/latest/tableau_integration_user_guide/index.html#_installation

Ok, i had to copy Framework files from “Open Source Folder” to “Open Target Folder”
TableauCommon.framework
TableauHyperExtract.framework

Its trivial, but please do add it to instruction.

3 Likes

Hi @dyagaty -

Glad you figured it out, and thanks for the feedback. I’ve asked one of our tech writers about clarifying that portion of the Tableau guide.

3 Likes

If you’re running 4.1.3 and you’re writing hyper files I’d recommend you to install the tableau hyper api integration. This will become the default with 4.2 and is easier to setup

3 Likes

Yes, I am on 4.1.3, both the files -
TableauCommon.framework
TableauHyperExtract.framework

were present in “Source Folder” - /Applications/KNIME 4.1.0.app/Contents/Eclipse/plugins/org.knime.ext.tableau.hyper.bin.macosx.x86_64_2018.2.2.v201908121602/extractapi-2018-3-0/Frameworks

Had to copy to “Target Folder” -
% pwd
/Library/Frameworks
% ls
OSXFUSE.framework TableauCommon.framework
PluginManager.framework TableauHyperExtract.framework
Python.framework iTunesLibrary.framework
R.framework

So, i guess, they are packaged with KNIME ? Just have to udpate KNIME -> Preference and Copy the files.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.