Tess4J node and macOS Catalina

Hey,
I have a problem with the Tess4J node. Can somebody please help?
The error is:
ERROR NativeLibBundleActivator /Applications/KNIME 4.3.0.app/Contents/Eclipse/plugins/org.knime.knip.tess4j.bin.macosx.amd64_1.3.3.v201807091457/lib/macosx/amd64/libtesseract.3.dylib: dlopen(/Applications/KNIME 4.3.0.app/Contents/Eclipse/plugins/org.knime.knip.tess4j.bin.macosx.amd64_1.3.3.v201807091457/lib/macosx/amd64/libtesseract.3.dylib, 1): Library not loaded: /usr/local/lib/liblept.4.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/KNIME 4.3.0.app/Contents/Eclipse/plugins/org.knime.knip.tess4j.bin.macosx.amd64_1.3.3.v201807091457/lib/macosx/amd64/libtesseract.3.dylib
Reason: image not found
ERROR NativeLibBundleActivator Could not load org.knime.knip.tess4j

Thanks a lot

Hi @dliebe,
I have a Mac and could try, but I have no idea about image processing. Could you post a simple, self-contained example workflow that I could try?
Kind regards,
Alexander

1 Like

Hi Alexander,
thank you for your reply. The workflow I want to use is this basic example:

Greetings
Dominique

Hi Dominique,
I could reproduce the problem, but unfortunately I could not fix it. Our team is now checking if a programmer can fix it. I will let you know if we do!
Kind regards,
Alexander

1 Like

Hi Alexander,
thanks a lot.
Kind regards,
Dominique

Hi Alexander,
are there any news about fixing the problem?
Kind regards

Hi Dominique,
Unfortunately there is no news about this issue. I have commented on our internal ticket again to push it. Let’s hope our devs get around to do this soon!
Kind regards,
Alexander

Hi Alexander, any update to this fix?

Hi @evanchoong,
Unfortunately not. The node is part of a community contribution that our developers have “inherited”, it seems. Now it is quite time consuming to make changes to foreign code. Our developers tell me that the node may be replaced by a Python-based one in the future, as by summer we want to support native KNIME nodes written in Python and there is a package for Tesseract in Python: Tesseract OCR in Python with Pytesseract & OpenCV. Maybe you can already get it to work with our Python Script node?
Kind regards,
Alexander

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.