Text Widget Node // Missing Data Bug

Hi everyone,

I found a bug with the Text Widget Node on Knime Server (Knime 4.3 // current Server Version).

If you don´t write something in the “Description” field in the config area, the Text View will not work on the WebPortal.

Error: Data is missing, can not display view.

In the local WF (right-click execute and open view) the node works fine.

Best regards,
Fabian

Hallo @FabianK,

I tried to reproduce the error, but for me everything works fine. Could you maybe share your workflow with the configurations, so I can have a look at it?

Thanks,
Janina

Hi @janina,

I have the same Error Message (see screenshot) again after re-deploying a newer version of the WF to the server.
This time all fields in the config are filled. Can I send you the workflow per Mail (it is not published yet)?

It seems that the problem resolved “randomly” then, last time …

Best regards,
Fabian

1 Like

Hallo @FabianK,

yes, please feel free to send it to support@knime.com and I will have a look at it. Thanks.

Best regards,
Janina

1 Like

For other Forum users running into that problem,

The problem is that the Text Output Widget node does not reset even though the “reset workflow” checkbox is selected during the deployment to the server (internal reference: AP-14672).
However, there is a workaround. You can simply open your workflow and select all nodes or at least all Text Output Widget nodes in your workflow and press the “reset selected nodes” button in the toolbar. If you then save your workflow with the resetted Text Output Widget nodes, it should run normally on the Webportal.

Kind regards,
Janina

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.