The last 2 Updates produced quite some Error log. What to do?

Hi all,
today i started knime and and klicked on the “welcome to knime page” to download 8 Updates.
When i stumbled across the error log i saw that i have quite a lot of error messages:
Errorlog

a lot are"Exception during event notification" which read like this:

SessionData

I admit it i have still win 7 prof 64-bit running on this machine. Out of luck due to to old? wrong java version installed?

My gut feeling is a bit different tho: Going through the error log showed that the messages startet on 12.12.2020 that was the exact date when i updated the last time. I know this because the last update produced some trouble, so i took some notes in a word file:

• problem was that this link led to a complete new installation of Knime which led to
  • deletion of the knime.ini
  • the config.ini gets deleted too
    configini

18:37h is the exact time i updated.

So what should i do to get rid of the error messages? Any idea?

Have a good evening

PS: as a general rule one should not update knime by going over the link from the “welcome to knime page” Going over the program menu “File/Update Knime” is the better way to go - or is this just a coincidence?

Hi @TotalDataLoss

I hope your username is not reflecting reality :smiley:

Anyways, we are aware of some of these error messages, and we have a ticket internally to address the issue. These are inconsequential error messages.

The error I am curious is this “Could not remove temporary backup file”. Could you show me the full error message here?

Best wishes
Ana

Hi Ana,
no not yet, but with all those error messages who knows :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: no i just like ironic usernames.

its great to hear that they are inconsequential, but now i am seeing one “could not create part” that doesn’t sound to good:

eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_252
java.vendor=AdoptOpenJDK
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=de_DE
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

org.eclipse.ui
Error
Fri Apr 09 19:30:36 CEST 2021
Unable to create part

org.eclipse.ui.PartInitException: Editor initialization failed: org.knime.workbench.editor.WorkflowEditor.  Site is incorrect.
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.initialize(EditorReference.java:364)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.e4.compatibility.CompatibilityPart.create(CompatibilityPart.java:340)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.MethodRequestor.execute(MethodRequestor.java:58)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:1002)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.processAnnotated(InjectorImpl.java:967)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalInject(InjectorImpl.java:139)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.internalMake(InjectorImpl.java:408)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.internal.di.InjectorImpl.make(InjectorImpl.java:331)
	at org.eclipse.e4.core.contexts.ContextInjectionFactory.make(ContextInjectionFactory.java:202)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.createFromBundle(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:91)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.doCreate(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:60)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.ReflectionContributionFactory.create(ReflectionContributionFactory.java:42)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.ContributedPartRenderer.createWidget(ContributedPartRenderer.java:132)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createWidget(PartRenderingEngine.java:1002)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:662)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.safeCreateGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:768)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.access$0(PartRenderingEngine.java:739)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$2.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:733)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:45)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.createGui(PartRenderingEngine.java:717)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.StackRenderer.showTab(StackRenderer.java:1297)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.LazyStackRenderer.lambda$0(LazyStackRenderer.java:75)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler.lambda$0(UIEventHandler.java:38)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Synchronizer.syncExec(Synchronizer.java:236)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.UISynchronizer.syncExec(UISynchronizer.java:133)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.syncExec(Display.java:4561)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.E4Application$1.syncExec(E4Application.java:219)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.UIEventHandler.handleEvent(UIEventHandler.java:38)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerWrapper.handleEvent(EventHandlerWrapper.java:205)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispatchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:203)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventHandlerTracker.dispatchEvent(EventHandlerTracker.java:1)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.EventManager.dispatchEvent(EventManager.java:234)
	at org.eclipse.osgi.framework.eventmgr.ListenerQueue.dispatchEventSynchronous(ListenerQueue.java:151)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.dispatchEvent(EventAdminImpl.java:132)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventAdminImpl.sendEvent(EventAdminImpl.java:75)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.event.EventComponent.sendEvent(EventComponent.java:44)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.services.internal.events.EventBroker.send(EventBroker.java:55)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.UIEventPublisher.notifyChanged(UIEventPublisher.java:63)
	at org.eclipse.emf.common.notify.impl.BasicNotifierImpl.eNotify(BasicNotifierImpl.java:424)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.impl.ElementContainerImpl.setSelectedElementGen(ElementContainerImpl.java:170)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.model.application.ui.impl.ElementContainerImpl.setSelectedElement(ElementContainerImpl.java:188)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.PartServiceImpl.hidePart(PartServiceImpl.java:1386)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.hidePart(WorkbenchPage.java:1544)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.closeEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:1484)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$12.run(Workbench.java:1195)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.SafeRunner.run(SafeRunner.java:45)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.persist(Workbench.java:1178)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.busyClose(Workbench.java:1119)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$4(Workbench.java:1426)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:72)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.close(Workbench.java:1426)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.close(Workbench.java:1402)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.busyClose(WorkbenchWindow.java:1744)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.lambda$3(WorkbenchWindow.java:1773)
	at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:72)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.close(WorkbenchWindow.java:1773)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.close(WorkbenchWindow.java:1782)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow$3.close(WorkbenchWindow.java:523)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.workbench.renderers.swt.WBWRenderer.lambda$4(WBWRenderer.java:578)
	at org.eclipse.swt.events.ShellListener$2.shellClosed(ShellListener.java:102)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:102)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:89)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.sendEvent(Display.java:4105)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1037)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1061)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1046)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.closeWidget(Decorations.java:269)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.WM_CLOSE(Decorations.java:1552)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:4720)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas.windowProc(Canvas.java:335)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Decorations.windowProc(Decorations.java:1480)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.windowProc(Shell.java:2100)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.windowProc(Display.java:4749)
	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DefWindowProc(Native Method)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.callWindowProc(Shell.java:508)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:4819)
	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DefWindowProc(Native Method)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell.callWindowProc(Shell.java:508)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Control.windowProc(Control.java:4819)
	at org.eclipse.swt.internal.win32.OS.DispatchMessage(Native Method)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3522)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine$5.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1160)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.swt.PartRenderingEngine.run(PartRenderingEngine.java:1049)
	at org.eclipse.e4.ui.internal.workbench.E4Workbench.createAndRunUI(E4Workbench.java:155)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.lambda$3(Workbench.java:658)
	at org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:338)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:557)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:154)
	at org.knime.product.rcp.KNIMEApplication.start(KNIMEApplication.java:176)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:203)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:137)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:107)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:401)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:255)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:657)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:594)
	at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1447)

Here the one you asked for:

eclipse.buildId=unknown

java.version=1.8.0_252
java.vendor=AdoptOpenJDK
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=de_DE
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64

org.eclipse.equinox.p2.touchpoint.natives
Warning
Fri Apr 09 18:37:22 CEST 2021
Could not remove temporary backup file (it is safe to manually delete it): d:\Benutzer\UserX\AppData\Local\Temp\KNIMEProfile_2f16efd857a0_c0a8b215ddf3

looks more something still used the file.

Admittedly without knowing details about it the part with “eclipsebuildId” unkown sounds like some parts are not working right?

Greetings!

Update: I uninstalled Knime completely and reinstalled it. Now i have the old error message and some new ones. Do i have to worry now? :pensive:

It gives the impression that some Plugin are missing. Some “workbench” etc. Is there a way to fix this “eclipse” installation.
PS here is the Log, is probably better:
Log.log (528.4 KB)

Any help/recommendations is appreciated
thanks and a good evening!

Hi, no one a short reply? I am a bit worried that this might have impact on results e.g. “unable to create part”.

Greetings…

Hi TotalDataLoss,

I’ve also run into the Unable to create part error recently. I can’t quite pin down what caused it (yet), but an educated guess from both our logs is that it an interface related issue and it doesn’t seem to have any significant impact.

For now I think you should be fine, though do let me know if you run into that error more often.

Kind regards
Marvin

1 Like

Hi Marvin,
thanks for your answer, that’s good to hear.

regarding frequency of errors it looks like this (in case that helps you):

and regarding “unable to create…”:

So if i think about it the “unable to create part” error was often when i installed the Update and then reinstalled. for now it seems quite.

Thanks again for writing back and i will write if it occurs more often!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.