Time it takes for Workflow to complete

Hi everyone,

I wanted to see how long it takes for my workflow to finish executing. I found the Timer Info node which has an output port that’s supposed to feed into the data, but I’m not sure how to use it when the first node I have is a File Reader.

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you!

@dasvidania9 welcome to the KNIME forum.

Besides the timer node
https://hub.knime.com/knime/extensions/org.knime.features.base/latest/org.knime.base.node.util.timerinfo.TimerinfoNodeFactory

You might take a look at how these comparison is done. You might have to connect a flow variable to your File Reader.

Then you could explore the Benchmarking functions of the Vernalis nodes.

2 Likes

Hello @dasvidania9,

you should feed input port of Timer Info node with flow variable connection. See this example:

For more on flow variables connections see here:

Welcome to Community!

Br,
Ivan

2 Likes

in the first workflow simple file reader comes after the file reader and then the timer info. The process is sequentially.
So how can the time for the file reader be accurate when the data first needs to process the simple file reader as well before measuring it?

1 Like

Hello @Daniel_Weikert,

Timer Info node is developed in a way that execution times are accurate regardless of execution order. not a developer but would say it calculates difference between node start and finish (if finish is successful).

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

Thanks Ivan,
highly appreciate your answer.
Best regards

Hi @Daniel_Weikert,

you are welcome. I always find it valuable and bold to question processes and ways of working that others take for granted and may seem obvious :+1:

Br,
Ivan

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.