time series functionalities

Since at my current job we use some Qlik, I would like to make a few suggestions from my experience with working with both tools:

• monthstart / monthend - this function applied to a date/datetime data can gives a datetime result (ex. 2021-07-01 00:00:00 for monthstart or 2021-07-31 23:59:59 for monthend). It’s pretty basic but it’s very helpful when manipulating data for MTD reports and so on. Could be integrated with Extract Date&Time Fields node
  • Date&Time Difference - posibility to use date and datetime fields simlultaneously. A simple date field could be considered as ex 2021-07-01 00:00:00. Also the posibility to get the result in double/integer format (ex. from 2021-07-23T15:42:24 to 2021-07-24T04:42:24 = 0.5 days).

These look like simple stuff that save lots of time.

thanks
Lucian

Hi Lucian,
I think the first request you have could be built with a couple of nodes. Maybe it could be wrapped into a component and shared on the hub! But I agree it would be useful to have. If I have time today, I will create the components and let you know.
I am not sure if it is a good idea to calculate the difference between date and date time fields. Why should it be midnight and not noon, for example? I think if a user wants to do this, they can simply use the Modify Time node to add a time to the date and then do the comparison. As for the double format from the Date&Time Difference node: You can currently do this by exporting the difference as a duration value and then use the Duration to Number node, which can export double values.
So I agree with you that this could be a bit simpler, but it can be done already :slight_smile: Let me know what you think!
Kind regards,
Alexander

1 Like