timeseries diagram example ?

I'm new to KNIME and trying to display and analyze measuring data containing date/time stamps. Importing and converting the timestamp string to date/time was easy thanks to your  high quality nodes.

I also can display a line chart, but no chance to see and configure the date/time on the x-axis. Maybe I need some more nodes from the Timeseries group, but I can't find any information how to combine these and how to finally display it.

Is there an example available for this somewhere ?

Peter

Hi Peter,

in order to have the date/time displayed on the x-axis you can use the "Time to String"-node followed by the RowId-node. An example that does this can be found on the KNIME public server.

Dominik

Hi Dominik,

yes, it works.  Thank you !

Couldn't find the example (could you provide a link, pls ?), but got it working according your hint.

Axis label formatting options in the resulting linechart seem to be sparse. I had to chain

File Reader - String to Date / Time - Time to String - RowId - Line Plot to shorten the datetime labels on the x-axis.

Is there a more versatile charting node around ?

Peter

Hi Peter,

the example is located on the KNIME public server which can be accessed by the "Server Workflow Project"-View that comes with KNIME 2.2.x. If you cannot see this view you can reopen it in the Views menu. If you click on "connect" in this view you'll see a listing of example workflows. The first one is the mentioned time series flow.

You are right, the formatting options of this node are limited. If you are familiar with R you could have a look at the "R View"-node which gives you the powerful charting options of R.

Dominik