Transfer Files (table) Bug

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

I’m trying to transfer a list of KNIME workflows from their original destinations in a KNIME workspace into one folder in the workspace using the -Transfer Files (table)- node, however it fails on execution.

When I check the destination folder, I can see that all the sub folders of the workflow and their files get transferred but the files within the root directory eg. “workflow.svg” do not.

Workflow can be found here:

Any suggestions to overcome this issue? Perhaps its a bug?

Thanks a lot,
Heather

@HeatherPikairos could it be an option to zip the workflows, copy the zip file and unzip them? Like this:

3 Likes

Hi @mlauber71

Thanks for your suggestion :slight_smile: We thought about this as well and it does work!

However, the Transfer Files node is not working as expected, so it would be good if it can be fixed. Maybe somebody from the KNIME team can comment?

Best wishes
Heather

@HeatherPikairos glad it does work with ZIP. Maybe you could construct a full example so it would be possible to test and inspect the problem.

@HeatherPikairos OK I think I know what is going on. The Transfer Files node would not copy the whole structure but would try to put all the single files into the same (top) traget folder - which will result in unwanted structures.

To solve this one would have to use absolute paths (otherwise the List/Files node would ‘recognize’ the workflows and not include them and their files it seems) to scan all files and folders and then replace the original (source) path part with the target path part …

… and tell the Transfer node to use the individual target location:

Not sure if this is somewhat over-engineered :slight_smile: but it should work. You might have to refresh the KNIME Explorer once it ran.

kn_example_transfer_workflows.knar (118.9 KB)

3 Likes

Thanks @mlauber71 for working hard on this solution, its much appreciated. Also, sorry for not getting back to you yesterday with a more detailed workflow.

I’m going to take a look at your workflow now :slight_smile:

Thanks again
Heather

2 Likes

Hi again @mlauber71, I’ve looked at the solution and it works :slight_smile: So thank you very much for both of your suggestions (zipping and using the List Files/Folders), they are useful!

I still feel it would be nice for the Transfer Files node to be able to achieve this on its own though.

Best wishes
Heather

2 Likes

Yes that would be nice. I have never though about the point that it would not transfer whole folder structures but ‘just’ put all files in a single folder or you would have to provide individual paths.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.