Triggering the re-execution option affects upstream nodes on the server.

Hi,

we create various Applications for the KNIME server making use of the Components Interactive Views, Widgets, Refresh Buttons, Re-execution Options. We now realized that some of the components show an unexpected behaviour:

The settings of some widgets get affected when a widget with re-execution option is triggered, even though these nodes are not directly connected (or upstream of the respective re-executed Widget).

This behaviour is only observed on the server. On the local KNIME AP the component functionality is as expected.

I actually found the same behaviour mentioned in another KNIME forum post: Refresh button changing upstream calculations?

This behaviour really reduces the usability of the created applications. The workstation, the KNIME server and Executor are located on is quite fast.

I wonder if there is an update on this. Would be really great if there is a fix!

Best

A.

KNIME AP (KNIME 4.7.2)
KNIME Server: 4.16.3
KNIME Executor: 4.7.2

Hi @Anjo,

this does indeed sound like the same behavior that we’re tracking internally as WEBP-919 (which will show up in our changelog once released).
However, for the time being, other tasks were prioritized so that I can’t share any updates yet. I have added you to the list of requesters/reporters so that we can prioritize accordingly.

Kind regards
Marvin

Hi @marvin.kickuth ,

thanks a lot for your reply and update. Would be great if this can be solved in one of the future releases.

Best

A.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.