Twitter search - request is understood but refused

Good morning KNIMERS
I’ve been trying to conduct Twitter searches since last week (Twitter API connector + Twitter search) but I keep getting ‘Execute failed: 403: the request is understood but refused…’.
These twitter searches worked until last week. This is a new error to me.
Is this the end of Twitter API access?
Does anyone know a solution to this?

many thanks for your expertise and help
best regards
Outi

Hi @outiloni -

I haven’t confirmed this with the devs, but it’s likely this is a result of recent changes to endpoints for accessing data in Twitter’s 1.1 API. See a recent post from the Twitter Community here:

We have a ticket to update our nodes to Twitter API 2.0 (AP-18886) but I don’t have any information for you on when or if that might happen. Sorry about that. :frowning:

1 Like

Hello Knimers!!
I’m trying to do my Twitter research (Twitter API connector + Twitter search) and I’m receiving the same error… :frowning:
Any help/support/workaround it will be more than welcome as my research’s deadline is coming soon…

Many many thanks for the help!
Best
Stefanos

Is the API still free? I though Elon wants to make some changes

They still have the free option but with limited data.
Next package starts at $100/month with 1.000 posts

Hello Everybody,

I have the same issue. Is there any update on this? When the issue will be resolved or is there any other way (workaround) to get the results?
ty

1 Like

Hello again,
Is there any way developer to fix this issue?
If the developer needs any support I can do it, in order to solve the issue of this very useful node…

Thank you so much for your support!
Stefanos

Hello @ScottF,

do you have any updates on this issue? You have mentioned that there is a ticket regarding this … is there any progress?

Many many thanks in advance,
Valentina

Me again :slightly_smiling_face:
Any Update on this SO Important feature???
plzzzzz

As a workaround you could try scripting (python node)
br

I’m afraid I don’t have an update here, but I did move the thread to the Feedback & Ideas category so it can be voted on.

If this is a feature that is important to you, please click on the yellow button at the top of the page! This helps the devs understand the priorities of the community better.

2 Likes

Great ty!

Will we be notified when the developers’ team will start working on this issue?

ty

I can’t commit to a timeframe here, but if/when the developers revisit the Twitter nodes, we’ll let folks know. Sorry I can’t be more specific than that.

hello @ScottF I just saw that this request has been categorized as refused in the title … could you please explain the reason? is this something that can be fixed in the future? many thanks in advance,
Valentina

That’s not the case. The titel reflects the actual error message that the user reporting the issue got :wink: The topic has a high number of votes which indicates that KNIME users find this matter important which hopefully increases the priority with the development team.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.