Unable to integrate python with Knime

I just started using Knime, now I’m trying to integrate knime with python via anaconda 3. However, I’m having trouble creating a python environment.

The steps i took to integrate python with Knime:

First I installed the standard knime application and anaconda 3 application on my pc, then I installed the KNIME Python integration and the Knime Deep learning - Keras integration via Knime settings.

Now I want to create a new environment for python 3 in python preferences. However, the following error appears when creating a new environment:

OpenSSL appears to be unavailable on this machine. OpenSSL is required to
download and install packages.

Exception: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘repo.anaconda.com’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /pkgs/main/win-64/repodata.json (Caused by SSLError(“Can’t connect to HTTPS URL because the SSL module is not available.”))

Any suggestions on how to overcome this error??

Thanks in advance

Hi jobsch,

according to https://github.com/conda/conda/issues/11795, it is a conda problem introduced in the latest version (22.9.0). Switching back one version might solve the issue. Do so by:

1. Open some command line tool, like the anaconda command line tool / shell
  2. Make sure you are in the base environment by entering conda activate base
  3. Enter conda install conda==4.14 and go through the process
  4. Restart your KNIME Analytics Platform
  5. Try to create a Python environment

If that does not help, maybe some other thoughts in the linked conda issue could help?

Please let me know whether that worked for you and don’t hesitate to ask further questions!

Best regards
Steffen

8 Likes

Hi Steffen,

Thanks a lot for your advice, I followed your steps and was able to create a new python environment. The problem is solved.

Thanks again,

Best regards

[image]

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.